Dogs who are afflicted with diseases like arthritis can now benefit from CBD oil. Cannabidiol is found in the plant cannabis or hemp. This plant is famed for THC that gives a mind-altering experience in humans, but this is not what comprises CBD oil. CBD is the beneficial substance in cannabis that provides medicinal value. In humans, it is used to alleviate pain in cancer patients and treat other health issues like managing epileptic seizures. It is now advised to be used in dogs to help their owners address specific health issues in their canine friends.
CBD oil and its benefits
It is essential for dog owners to keep their dog happy and healthy because they love you so much in return. Getting more info about cbd for puppies and adult dogs can help you provide a healthier lifestyle for your dog. So just how beneficial is CBD oil?
Here’s a list of good things that this oil can bring you.
- Managing Epileptic Seizures – like in humans this helps lessen the frequency of seizures
- Arthritis Relief – since both dog and man feel this in their bones, dogs are given CBD to make the pain manageable in cases of arthritis
- Weight management – CBD was found to help boost their appetite
- Stress Relief – Dogs can also feel depressed, and this can make them sick. Stress and anxiety in dogs can be addressed with the right dose of CBD
- Help in Cancer – Dogs do get this too, and CBD helps them by strengthening their immune system to fight off the disease.
- Other diseases like cardiovascular diseases can also be addressed with the use of CBD oil.
Now that you have an idea of what CBD is and what it can do for your dog, it is good to consider this natural non-invasive remedy that costs so much less than going through surgery or confinement. You can consult your veterinarian about the other benefits of CBD as with any medication before giving them to your dog.